Sometimes you may experience Bluetooth not working on Windows 11 or Bluetooth speakers or headphones paired but won’t connect or devices can’t reconnect. A few users report Bluetooth not working issue after the Windows 11 upgrade, No sound coming from Bluetooth earphones, and Bluetooth devices are getting paired but not getting connected. Overall Bluetooth is no longer working with Windows 11. Most of the time Bluetooth problems are usually software related, but they could also be caused by a hardware malfunction. Here in this post will elaborate on the methods to fix the Bluetooth audio not working issue on Windows 11.
- 1 How to Fix Windows 11 Bluetooth Not Working Issue
How to Fix Windows 11 Bluetooth Not Working Issue
Windows 11 Bluetooth is not working, it could usually be related to some driver problems. Running the OS troubleshooter and update or reinstall the Bluetooth driver helps you automatically detect complications. In addition, Bluetooth connection has a limited range of about 30 feet so keep the pairing devices close, and Make sure Bluetooth is discoverable.
How to pair your Bluetooth device on Windows 11
- Open Windows 11 settings and navigate Bluetooth & devices.
- In the right panel, click Add device then Click Bluetooth (Make sure your Bluetooth device is turned on and discoverable)
- Wait for the device to show up in the list, Click the device you want to pair and wait for a while.
- And now It should be appeared as Connected or Paired.
Turn on Bluetooth
Before applying any advanced methods, ensure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Press Windows key + I to open settings,
- Navigate Bluetooth & devices, then check if the Bluetooth slider is set to ON.
- Or you can press the Windows key + A to open the action center,
- expand the Bluetooth section and toggle it on.
- In addition, make sure to Turn on the device you’re trying to pair with your computer. Also, try keeping the Bluetooth device in close range of your PC
- If you’re using a Bluetooth adapter on your computer, unplug it from where it’s at and attach it to a different USB port.
Restart windows 11
If Bluetooth is already enabled on your device, the next thing you need to do is reboot Windows 11 that fix unintentional problems with your system. Restarting your computer, clear common process or service glitches from the memory and start all the services and processes again. More important when you restart Windows 11, it will reload all the drivers including the Bluetooth adapter drivers.
The quick way to restart Windows 11 is, Right-click the Start button and go to Shut down or sign out > Restart.
Check for a Windows 11 update
Microsoft regularly releases Windows updates with the latest bug fixes and security improvements, which also include driver updates as well. And having the latest version of Windows 11 installed on your laptop keeps it secure and helps you pair your Bluetooth device by downloading any necessary files it may be missing. Let’s check and install the latest Windows 11 updates.
- Press the Windows key + X and select settings
- Go to windows update then hit the check for updates button at the right side,
- If new or pending updates there, allow them to download and install on your computer,
- Once done, you need to reboot your laptop to apply the updates.
After apply the latest Windows updates, check if this help fixes the Bluetooth problem on your laptop.
Restart the Bluetooth Support Service
Bluetooth works by using radio waves to connect two devices, but if due to any reason, Bluetooth Support Service is not started or stuck running you may experience Laptop PC Can’t Find Bluetooth devices or Bluetooth not working on Windows 11.
- Press the Windows key + R, type services.msc and click ok to open the services console,
- Scroll down to locate Bluetooth Support Service, right-click on it select restart,
- If the service is not started, then double-click on it to open its properties,
- change the startup type Automatic then start the service next to service status.
Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
Windows 11 has a built-in Bluetooth troubleshooter that automatically detects related problems, checks for incorrect configuration or Bluetooth driver problems and try to fix them automatically for you. You can run the Bluetooth troubleshooter to fix the Windows 11 Bluetooth audio not working issue.
Troubleshooter in Windows 11 works well and often fixes most issues.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings app
- Navigate to the system then troubleshoot and click on other troubleshooters,
- This will display a list of available troubleshooters, click run next to Bluetooth, and follow on-screen instructions.
- The diagnostic tool automatically detects problems related to Bluetooth either its software or hardware problem and try to fix them.
- When the process is completed, Windows will let you know whether the problem is solved or not.
Update your Bluetooth driver
One of the most common reasons behind this problem, Bluetooth not working is an outdated or faulty Bluetooth driver. And you need to update the Bluetooth drivers to the latest version which most probably fix the problem for you.
An outdated driver can pose problems and thus impact the nominal working of the device
- Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager
- This will display all installed devices and peripherals connected to your device,
- Expand the Bluetooth section, look for the Bluetooth adapter right click on it, select update driver,
- Next, select the “Search automatically for drivers“ option to allow Windows 11 to look for the latest driver and install it right away.
- Now, restart your PC, and Bluetooth should start working fine in Windows 11.
Reinstlal bluetooth driver
If updating the Bluetooth driver didn’t work for you, you can try reinstalling the Bluetooth driver.
- Open Device Manager, locate and right-click on the Bluetooth adapter then choose “Uninstall device”.
- Next, choose “Uninstall” from the pop-up prompt.
- Now, restart your PC, and Windows 11 will automatically install the driver for the Bluetooth device.
If the drivers are not installed automatically, again open the device manager and then click on the action tab. Then click on scan for hardware changes to reinstall the Bluetooth drivers.
In addition, you can visit the device manufacturer’s site and, then search for your device model and download the latest Bluetooth driver for Windows 11. Make sure to download only the latest driver that’s compatible with your operating system. Once downloaded, open the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
Remove And Add The Device Again
Well if the same device works fine on a different computer, you need to Remove and Re-Pair the Bluetooth Device to fix the problem.
- Open Windows 11 settings and navigate Bluetooth & devices,
- Select the More icon (three dots) next to the Bluetooth device and select Remove device. Then, select Remove to confirm.
- Now to add or pair the device again click on Add device > Bluetooth and re-add the device.
- Once your Bluetooth device shows up, add it and then click on the Done button to exit the window.
Video Explains how to fix Bluetooth problems in windows 11.
Did the above solutions help fix Bluetooth audio not working problem on Windows 11? Let us know in the comments below.
- Bluetooth disappeared after a recent Windows 10 update? Try these solutions to fix it
- Solved: Bluetooth icon missing after Windows 10 update
- Printer Driver is Unavailable error on Windows 11/10 (6 solutions to fix it)
- Windows 11 Outlook Search function Not Working, let’s restore it
- Windows 11 Laptop acting slow After Update? 10 ways to speed it up