Did you lose Network and Internet connection after Windows 10 20H2 Update? Wi-Fi icon missing from taskbar Or network adapter missing from device manager? All these problems are related to the network adapter driver it’s outdated, corrupted, or incompatible with the current windows version Especially after the recent windows October 2020 Update. Here users report such problem “Network Adapter Missing after Updating Windows 10”
i’ve been using my laptop fine for a day, when i update the windows. The next time i open the laptop, it can’t connect to wifi. I checked Device Manager and the network adapter is missing.
Network adapter missing windows 10
Ok If you are also struggling with a similar problem, either the Wi-Fi icon missing from the taskbar or network adapter driver from your laptop, installing the latest network adapter driver probably helps restore the missing network adapter on Windows 10.
Before getting started we recommend delete VPN connection if you have configured on your PC.
Run Network Adapter troubleshooter
Windows 10 has built-in Network adapter troubleshooting tool the automatically diagnose and fix network adapter problems. Let run the troubleshooter first and let windows detect and fix the problem automatically.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & security then troubleshoot,
- Now select network adapter then click on Run the troubleshooter,
- Let the troubleshooter diagnose the problem, this will disable and re-enable the network adapter, check for outdated network drivers and more.
- Once the, diagnosis process completes, Restart your PC and check if the problem solved.
Scan for Hardware changes on Device manager
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and click ok.
- This will open the device manager, and display all the installed driver list.
- Look the Network adapter driver available there?
- If no then click on click View and select Show hidden devices.
- Next Click Action and click Scan for hardware changes.
Did this get back the network adapters? if let’s reinstall the network adapter driver.
Install a driver for your network adapter
Still, you are reading this means the problem yet not solved for you. But don’t worry as discussed before the network adapter driver is the main cause behind this problem lets update with the latest version.
- Right-click on Windows 10 start menu select device manager,
- Expand network adapters,
- Right-click on currently installed network adapter driver select uninstall,
- Click yes if ask for confirmation and restart your PC,
- On next start Windows automatically install the basic network adapter driver
Or you can download and install the windows 10 network adapter driver from the device manufacturers website. Restart Windows to apply changes and check if the problem solved.
Reset network adapters on Windows 10
Here another solution applicable for Windows 10 Users only that reset all network adapters to its default state which probably helps to fix network adapter missing windows 10.
- Open Settings app using keyboard shortcut Windows + I
- Click on Network & Internet then Status.
- Now select Network reset then click the Reset now button.
- Click Yes to confirm and restart your computer.
Did these solutions help fix the Network adapter missing problem on windows 10? Let us know on comments below. Also, read:
- Fix One or More Network Protocols Are Missing on this Computer
- Solved: Keyboard and mouse not working after windows 10 update
- 7 tips to fast a Slow Computer in Less Than 10 Minutes
- How to fix USB ports not working in Windows 10 Laptop/PC
- Bluetooth disappeared after a recent Windows 10 update? Try these solutions to fix it