Today (01/03/2019) Microsoft has released new cumulative update KB4482887 (OS Build 17763.348) for its latest Windows 10 1809. Installing KB4482887 bumps the version number to windows 10 build 17763.348 that brings quality refinements and important bug fixes. According to Microsoft blog the latest Windows 10 KB4482887 addresses problems with Action Center, PDF in Microsoft Edge, shared folder, Windows Hello, and much more.
Also, Microsoft lists two Issues in KB4482887, The first bug is associated with Internet Explorer where some users may experience authentication problems. The second and last issue acknowledged by Microsoft is about an “Error 1309” which could be received when users try to install and uninstall certain types of MSI and MSP files.
Download Windows 10 Update KB4482887
Cumulative update KB4482887 for windows 10 1809 automatically download installed through Windows Update. Also, you can manually install Windows 10 KB4482887 from settings, Update and Security and click Check for Updates.
KB4482887 (OS Build 17763.348) Offline download links
If you are looking for Windows 10 1809 ISO click here.
What’s the new Windows 10 build 17763.348?
The latest Windows 10 build 17763.348 has finally addressed an issue that may cause the Action Center (the one-stop destination for notifications in Windows 10) to suddenly appear on the wrong side of the screen before appearing on the right side.
Also fixed a bug associated with Microsoft Edge where the browser may fail to save some inked content in a PDF has been addressed.
A bug with Internet Explorer where the browser may fail to load images if the source path of the image contains a backslash, now fixed.
Microsoft says this update enables Retpoline on certain devices, which could improve the performance of the Spectre variant 2 mitigations. The majority of Meltdown and Spectre patches were said to be causing a more or less noticeable impact on system performance, so with this cumulative update, the footprint on CPU and memory usage should be reduced.
Improvements and fixes (Update KB4482887)
Here is the complete changelog for Windows 10 build 17763.348 listed on Microsoft blog.
- Enables “Retpoline” for Windows on certain devices, which may improve the performance of Spectre variant 2 mitigations (CVE-2017-5715). For more information, see our blog post, “Mitigating Spectre variant 2 with Retpoline on Windows“.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the Action Center to suddenly appear on the wrong side of the screen before appearing on the correct side.
- Addresses an issue that may fail to save some inked content in a PDF in Microsoft Edge. This occurs if you erased some ink quickly after starting the inking session and then added more ink.
- Addresses an issue that displays the media type as “Unknown” in the Server Manager for storage-class memory (SCM) disks.
- Addresses an issue with Remote Desktop access to Hyper-V Server 2019.
- Addresses an issue that causes the republication BranchCache to take more space than it’s been assigned.
- Addresses a performance issue when establishing a Remote Desktop connection from a web Remote Desktop client to Windows Server 2019.
- Addresses a reliability issue that may cause the screen to remain black after resuming from Sleep if you close a laptop lid while disconnecting the laptop from a docking station.
- Addresses an issue that causes the overwriting of files on a shared folder to fail because of an Access Denied error. This issue occurs when a filter driver is installed.
- Enables peripheral role support for some Bluetooth radios.
- Addresses an issue that may cause printing to PDF to fail during a Remote Desktop session. This issue occurs while attempting to save the file and redirect drives from the client system.
- Addresses a reliability issue that may cause the main laptop screen to flash when resuming from Sleep. This issue occurs if the laptop is connected to a docking station that has an indirect display.
- Addresses an issue that displays a black screen and causes a Remote Desktop session to stop responding when using certain VPN connections.
- Updates time zone information for Chile.
- Addresses an issue that fails to register USB cameras correctly for Windows Hello after the out-of-box experience (OOBE) setup.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the Microsoft enhanced Point and Print compatibility driver from installing on Windows 7 clients.
- Addresses an issue that causes Termservice to stop working when Remote Desktop is configured to use a hardware encoder for Advanced Video Coding (AVC).
- Addresses an issue that locks a user account when you move applications to a shared platform using App-V.
- Improves the reliability of the UE-VAppmonitor.
- Addresses an issue that prevents App-V applications from starting and generates error 0xc0000225 in the log. Set the following DWORD to customize the maximum time for the driver to wait for a volume to be available:”HKLM\Software\Microsoft\AppV\MAV\Configuration\MaxAttachWaitTimeInMilliseconds”.
- Addresses an issue with evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent some applications from displaying the Help (F1) window correctly.
- Addresses an issue that causes flickering of the desktop and taskbar on Windows Server 2019 Terminal Server after using the User Profile Disk setup.
- Addresses an issue that fails to update a user hive when you publish an optional package in a Connection Group after the Connection Group was previously published.
- Improves performance related to case-insensitive string comparison functions such as _stricmp() in the Universal C Runtime.
- Addresses a compatibility issue with parsing and playback of certain MP4 content.
- Addresses an issue that occurs with the Internet Explorer proxy setting and the out-of-box experience (OOBE) setup. The initial logon stops responding after Sysprep.
- Addresses an issue in which the desktop lock screen image set by a Group Policy will not update if the image is older than or has the same name as the previous image.
- Addresses an issue in which the desktop wallpaper image set by a Group Policy will not update if the image has the same name as the previous image.
- Addresses an issue that causes the TabTip.exe touchscreen keyboard to stop working in certain conditions. This issue occurs when you use the keyboard in a kiosk scenario after replacing the default shell.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the new Miracast connection banner to remain open after a connection is closed.
- Addresses an issue that may cause virtual disks to go offline when upgrading a 2-node Storage Space Direct (S2D) cluster from Windows Server 2016 to Windows Server 2019.
- Addresses an issue that fails to recognize the first character of the Japanese Era name as an abbreviation and may cause date parsing issues.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent Internet Explorer from loading images that have a backslash (\) in their relative source path.
- Addresses an issue that may cause applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 95 file format to randomly stop working.
- Addresses an issue in Windows Server 2019 that causes the input and output timeouts when querying for SMART Data using Get-StorageReliabilityCounter().
If you face any difficulty installing KB4482887 check the windows 10 1809 update troubleshooting guide.