Today Microsoft has rolled out a new cumulative update KB4489899 (OS build 17763.379) for Windows 10 1809 (October 2018 Update). According to Microsoft blog installing KB4489899 change OS to windows 10 1809 Build 17763.379 that includes not only the typical Patch Tuesday security fixes but also a bunch of other improvements.
Download Windows 10 Build 17763.379
All Compatible devices connected to Microsoft server automatically download and install Cumulative update KB4489899 via windows update. Or you can manually check for updates from
- Settings (Windows + I)
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Windows update on left-hand side
- Then click on Check for updates button.
- Or simply type check for updates on start menu search and select the first result.
Also you can download KB4489899 offline package from Microsoft catalog blog or following link given below.
Windows 10 Build 17763.316 Offline Download link:
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 1809 ISO click here.
What’s new Windows 10 1809 build 17763.379
If you are running Windows 10 1809 (October 2018 update) your Device receive cumulative update KB4489899 (OS build 17763.379) that contains the following changelog.
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft HoloLens with tracking and device calibration that has affected some users. You may notice improvement 10-15 minutes after installing this update, but we recommend resetting the holograms for best results.
- Addresses an issue that may cause users to receive “Error 1309” while installing or uninstalling certain types of MSI and MSP files.
- Addresses an issue that may degrade graphics and mouse performance with desktop gaming when playing certain games, such as Destiny 2, after installing KB4482887.
security updates for Windows Kernel, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows Datacenter Networking, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Server, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Linux, Windows Shell, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers, , Windows Hyper-V, and Windows Fundamentals.
Also, KB4489899 comes with 2 know issue,
where After installing this update, Internet Explorer 11 may have authentication issues.
Machines that have multiple audio devices, applications that provide advanced options for internal or external audio output devices may stop working unexpectedly. This issue occurs for users that select an audio output device different from the “Default Audio Device”.
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release. But till now company suggested a temporary solution, change the output of the application to Default in the per-application audio-settings found under
Settings > System > Sound> App Volume and device preferences.
Alternatively, select the “Default Audio Device” in the options provided by the application; please refer to the application’s user-manual for details.
For example, to set the Default Audio Device in Windows Media Player:
- Open Windows Media Player > Tools > Options > Devices.
- Select the device and choose Properties.
- On the next dialog, from the drop-down menu under Select the Audio Device, choose Default Audio Device from the list.
If you face any difficulty installing KB4489899 update, windows update stuck downloading, KB4489899 update failed to install Check our Windows 10 1809 update troubleshooting guide. Also, read: