Cloud Powered Clipboard experience Introduced on Windows 10 October 2018 update
With latest Windows 10 October 2018 update also known as version 1809 The long-waiting Cloud Clipboard feature That allows to save your cut and copied items so you can access more than just the most recent. Second, you can sync your clipboard across your other Windows devices. As the name suggests, the Clipboard uses Microsoft’s cloud technology to sync your clipboards (the content that you copy or cut to paste) to different devices. Let’s take a look at new Cloud Clipboard feature and How To Enable clipboard sync across devices on windows 10 October 2018 update!
Cloud Clipboard feature
Cloud Clipboard will allow users to sync their Clipboard data across their phones and PCs. It would be able to sync text, pictures, links, videos, PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, Spreadsheets and also PDFs. Microsoft explained
The new cloud-powered clipboard will let Windows 10 users copy content from an app and paste it on mobile devices like iPhones or Android handsets. Simply press the Windows key + V and you’ll be presented with our brand-new clipboard experience. Click Turn on button to start using the clipboard experience.
To save multiple items to the clipboard to use later, you need to enable clipboard history Settings from
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Clipboard.
- Turn on the Clipboard history toggle switch.
Not only can you paste from the clipboard history, but you can also pin the items you find yourself using all the time. Like Timeline, you access your clipboard across any PC with this build of Windows or higher.
Note: Copied text on the clipboard is only supported for clipboard content less than 100kb. Currently, the clipboard history supports plain text, HTML and image less than 4MB.
Enable clipboard sync across devices
However, the ability to sync your content with across device (paste text and images on your other devices) is not enabled by default. If you want to access your clipboard history across devices, you must enable the option manually in the new Clipboard settings page.
- Press Windows + I to Open Settings.
- Navigate to System.
- In the System settings, select the Clipboard option
- On the Sync across devices section in the right, you may be prompted to log in to your Microsoft account and then click on get started.
- Now in the same section, you’ll be provided with a toggle button to enable ‘Sync across devices’. Turn that on.
- You can now choose how to sync across devices. Either automatically or not.
- Automatically sync text that I copy: Your clipboard history will sync to the cloud and across your devices.
- Never automatically sync text that I copy: You must manually open the clipboard history and select the content you want to make available across devices.
After completing the above-mentioned steps, you now can use the clipboard feature and sync your contents from the clipboard depending upon the settings you’ve chosen. You can later turn this feature off by following the same steps and toggling the button to off.
There’s also a clear clipboard option that would clear the copied content history from everywhere including Microsoft’s cloud storing service.
What you think about this new addition on Windows 10 October 2018 update, this is useful? let us know on comments below, Also Read Store Apps Missing after Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809